About what this site will be like
Hello! I'm still building this site. The idea of Dimioca is to promote classic
games in many ways. For example:
- To introduce you to old console and PC games that are fun to play
- To compare old an new games to show what has been lost and could be recovered
- To create and share new free and open source classic-style games
- To suggest tools and techniques you could use when building your new classic game
I had made a version of this site before, but with a different focus. Now I'm starting over.
I trust I can make you bring back your old NES or PC from the dust! 😀
In the meantime
- SYDERAL - This is
a very simple, old-fashioned game I made in 2000. Because of
its simplicity and the fact that it's free software and runs
in DOS, GNU/Linux and Windows, you can easily examine the
source code and learn the "basics" of programming a game in
BASIC (FreeBASIC, in this case). Get it here.
- RACE FOR KICKS - I'm
running an online tournament for the 1990s cars game Stunts.
If you have the game, you can participate or just take a look around.
The site is right here.
- BLISS - A track editor for
the same cars game, Stunts. I made
this editor to make it much more comfortable to create tracks
for the game. It's a very powerful tool and free software too!
Download it here.